day 2: troubleshooting
24 May 2019
Results of yesterday
- If you go to https://alexanderdou.github.io/ on a new browser session (e.g. Incognito or Guest mode), it takes you to the Github Page, but when I go to that link on my logged-in Chrome session, it still redirects to alexanderdou.com with the Squarespace. This looks a lot like caching issues I've seen in the past
- If you go to http://alexanderdou.com in a new browser session, it shows a Github 404, which is progress! I'll look into how to fix that today
- Read documentation on how to set up a Github Page for alexanderdou.com
- As per instructions here: https://help.github.com/en/articles/setting-up-an-apex-domain
- Confirmed via dig in Terminal that the IP addresses are working
- Set up custom domain on the Github side as well, but I'm not sure if that will do anything...
- Changed CNAME record on DNS side
- Huzzah it worked 🎉!
- See if blasting the cache helps the first issue
- Create posts without going to this editor (maybe command line?)
- Add pictures in easily (AWS? Look to see if that's free for low usage)
- Fill out CV page
- There's also an issue where the header on the CV page looks smaller than all the other pages when viewing on my phone. I'll look into that too